22 May, 2011

I used a cross-stitch project I undertook a decade ago as an analogy to explain my preferred approach to overhauling the garden.


In My Life - the Needlework. 
Started 2001.  Completed 2003


That is, to start with an idea, at the bottom, and work my way along, all the while conceiving, refining, linking and evolving.


The benefit of gardening over this piece, however, is that unless my poison fingers are more potent than my green thumbs, the garden is dynamic in its own right and therefore presents an ongoing challenge and delight.


My conversation was with Mum.  She is of a different school.  In her eyes, the plan and destination must be set in stone before we begin.  This should really be of no surprise:  she is not a person who flies happily by the seat of her pants.


It will be interesting to see how we move forward.  I'm anticipating a need to research and do diagrams.  


I'll begin by googling Australian Natives and a passionfruit vine for the side fence...

No comments:

Post a Comment