13 January, 2011

21 Days to Settlement

It is no understatement to say that I am eager.  Excited.  Anticipatory.  Impatient.  In fact, itching.  We bought this house on Porter Street on 31st October 2010, and we don't get the keys until 3 February 2011, a long, long, long 93 days later.




The 31st October was a big day for us.  An important and monumental day.  It was a Sunday.  And it was the day my dear granny, Lals, also died.  So when Dawn* phoned to say our offer had been accepted, we were shrouded in an impenetrable cloak of sadness and it was impossible to comprehend that the thing for which I had longed, for longer than I can remember, was actually going to happen.


Maybe the weight of the keys will help the reality sink in, that finally, after 22 different residences in my 42 years, I will finally be home.


*friend, negotiator and advocate

No comments:

Post a Comment