28 January, 2011

A development in the neighbourhood.

Old habits are hard to break.  


Even though the contracts on the House at Porter Street were signed off nearly three months ago, I still find myself, every couple of days, going back to realestate.com.au and looking for a house, THE house.  The one that got away.  Some think of this as masochism: an exercise in futility.  I, however, call it affirmation.  I've never found anything better than what we have.  So every day, in every way, I become more chuffed with the acquisition.


Woo hoo.



My search parameters are: 
- House
- 4+ bedrooms
- Templestowe + Doncaster + Donvale + Bulleen + Balwyn North 
- And I opt for inclusion of surrounding suburbs.



What I have recently found through this indulgence is there's likely to be a rather big development right nearby.  I know this because I stumbled on this dusty double block being advertised just up the road - for a lazy $1.5 - $1.7M.




At least Milo will enjoy the inevitable, presence of diggers and mixers and cranes.

1 comment: