15 January, 2011

Underfoot...

We intend to stay at the house in Porter Street until cardboard coffins and funeral pyres engulf us, so although I would love to undertake an enormous renovation the instant we take possession, it is much more prudent (and in line with reality) to plan to change/update/improve all the things that need doing, over time.  Say, over the next 20 years.


That said let me bring to your attention to the tiles that flow through the formal dining, kitchen and family room areas.  The space is vast (I'll tell you how many square metres after I've learned how to do maths) and it's wall to wall this...




We didn't buy the rug.
My rational response to these tiles is that they are probably very forgiving and practical.  I am sure they will hide a multitude of sins and they are in incredibly good nick.  The emotional response is somewhat more withering.  I think its the colour that makes them seem tired and dull.  And since there is such a huge quantity of them they a bit depressing.




It's going to be interesting to see if they seem less tired when the walls are spanking white.  My mind is open.  And hope fills my heart...

However, if this doesn't come to pass, what about these PLI Wood-like Series tiles.
PLI Wood-like Series tiles in white.
They don't just look like distressed timber boards, the blurb says they feel like them too.  They're strong enough for indoor and outdoor high traffic areas, and I think I may be in love.



Wondering if they're available in Australia : hastingstilebath.com

No comments:

Post a Comment