31 January, 2011

Three days and the three Ms

Make space in the "manifesto" section of the bookcase for my latest:  The Money Management Manifesto.  

Two events, completely beyond my control, have had a significant, and in no way positive, impact on my financial position.  And today is the day when we go to the bank and finagle our available green in preparation for the settlement on Thursday.

So this morning I pulled out my spreadsheet and did the figures.  

The snapshot revealed that although I'm certainly not where I'd projected I'd be when we signed the house contracts, the situation is not nearly as dire as I had dreaded (not in the short term, anyway).  Yay for that.

I hadn't been actively fretting but I also can't deny the dull niggle resulting from not being wholly apprised of the state of things.  And therein lies the foundation and motivation for today's Money Management Manifesto.  


Where prior to today money talk has prompted the yadda yadda yadda reflex, from now on I promise to conjoin a process of personal accounting with my existing monthly business monitoring. Thereby alleviating any future lack of clarity about finances.  


Heavens.  Even defining the scope of the dreaded activity wasn't as bad as anticipated.

No comments:

Post a Comment