20 January, 2011

Glass half full.

I saw an enchanting idea on Kirstie's Homemade House where she took some children's artwork and had it transferred onto ceramic tiles to add interest and personality to a family kitchen.  It was absolutely adorable.


So you can understand now, how bloody excited I am, to've stumbled upon this crowd - asgsplashbacks.com.au.  It appears, with their Graphica Range, that they take client artwork or photos in high res pdf format, and reproduce directly onto glass.


The applications are endless.  And the result spectrum can obviously extend from mindblowingly good to toe-curlingly bad.  But hey.  You would have to be mad not to embrace the potential.  And that's what I'm doing.


I could reproduce a collection of Milo's works 
for permanent display on the kitchen splashback.
Compositions such as this, Milo's first attempt at capturing the spirit of the festive season,
entitled Father Christmas and Sack (Dec 2010)

2 comments:

  1. Oh! That's a GREAT idea!

    And did you find some paint so you can change the colours of the tiles you don't like? Or is that product a myth?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The paint product does exist - White Knight paints - but I'm not convinced we could get the effect I want...

    My feeling is it would be very matte. And I want something pearlescent, bright and reflective.

    Maybe a glass splashback would be better. And then the cost of tiling would be offset by the cost of the glass itself.

    ReplyDelete