16 January, 2011

Floorplan

We had a letter from the vendor's agent yesterday reminding us of our right to have a pre-settlement inspection.  So in the week commencing 24 January we're going to be going through the house again.  Yay.


I need to make sure that I don't get rushed during this inspection because there are quite a few things I need to check:  

  • We want to replace the stove top, rangehood, dishwasher and wall oven.  So I need to measure up the existing appliances and see if we can get a good deal on purchasing at the tail end of the January sales.  
  • We need to bring the painters with us too, so we can get a quote on how much it's going to cost and how long the painting will take:  it needs to be done and dry before we move in on 22 February - that's 19 days post-settlement.
  • I'd love to have the kitchen tiles painted if we could achieve this pearlescent blue finish (I may be dreaming) - but I'll ask the painters what they think.

I love the feel of this kitchen and
it's what I want to end up with...

  • I've never looked beyond the surface, either, because I didn't want to invade the vendor's privacy but now, a week out from d-day, I need to look in the cupbards and wardrobes throughout so I can obsess plan how we're going to use the available storage.

There's so much more.
I'm in no way daunted.
This is going to be the best, funnest project ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment