02 February, 2011

Alvar Aalto Appreciation #1

I know that replica products aren't de rigueur, but sometimes one stumbles upon one which takes one's breath away.  This imitation comes in the shape of bumwear.


From Matt Blatt for $245.00


Given it is designed by Alvar Aalto, it is bound to be a monument to both form and function and is really and truly horribly desirable.


And then there are these:
Eric Buch bar stools
The real thing will set you back a lazy $795.  The replicas, $299.


So until I start playing the lottery, and then have a big win, I think we are going to fall back on some flatpack fantastic on which to prop at the kitchen counter.  I initially thought Sebastian ($49) 


and now I'm leaning towards the more sturdy Ingemar ($69)


But comfort will be the decider...


Oh, and settlement is set for 2pm, so the final countdown can commence.  We are now at 15 hours and 20 minutes to go...


Wheeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment