02 February, 2011

One more sleep.

I finally dragged my migraine head out of the house and made it all the way into Bunnings, for one last anticipatory dabble in a DIY environment before I become a home owner tomorrow. (Tomorrow.)


Mum had a coffee and a sit down while I went to the paint sample colour wall and chose the much mulled over door hues.  The red was a tricky.  As was the green.  But after discussion and a bit of apple cake we finally settled on the following Dulux Aquanamel High Gloss array:





There was talk too about what's to be done with the kitchen.  I'm yet to convince Mum about the sink I want but I think we've come to agree that two different colours of cupboard doors in the kitchen might be the thing - that is, darker at the bottom and bright white at the top.  This sort of effect.




I just found this pic too, of Sophie Dahl's kitchen.  I'll never convince Mum to agree to a timber bench top, but I love love love this. It's a bit more cottage than I'd want for myself, but i could easily incorporate the tiles, THE SINK, the lights and a hint of the timber into our ensemble.


Sophie Dahl's kitchen from rawsugarhigh.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment