04 February, 2011

Tick tick tick...

That is the sound of the cogs in my head churning since 3am, not the bomb I wish to put under the car of the vendor, her POS lackey and anyone else who gets my gander in the next 24 hours.


I've decided to let the solicitor handle the outstanding issues of the settlement - how did it take me two hours to come to that decision?


And me?  Well, I'm getting on with the fun stuff: 
  • ripping out the pee-y vinyl in the bathroom 
  • exploring the vagaries of polished concrete for my bedroom floor and the bathroom and toilet
  • buying and installing an undersink bin for the kitchen
  • and generally rethinking our now significantly longer list of priorities
The painters rang yesterday evening and told us they are delaying commencement of work until Monday (they were due to start at 8am today) which is not necessarily a bad thing EXCEPT if it means they are unreliable and are going to delay further as the job moves forward.  Time will tell.


Also happily, to wash away the angst and negative ions of yesterday, a significant rain blew threw.  It was wonderful seeing the splishy splashy on the pool.  Not so wonderful realising the gutters are in a very sorry state.  But of course they are.  


Ah, the fun and the games.

No comments:

Post a Comment